We were lucky this week to have a guest speaker, Chantelle who spoke on a very important topic in which I haven’t learned much about yet. We talked about the utilization of technology in helping students with disabilities. Chantelle implemented a discussion group activity, which was awesome. Referring to my previous reflection where I mentioned how much I really enjoyed break out rooms, I thought discussing these questions with classmates was extremely valuable in that hearing others ideas and perceptions can change your way of thinking or way to approach something.

Some of the questions we discussed were “How can you access a students needs?”, “What can you use if a child can’t touch paper?”, “What are some ways you can build a relationship with the student?”.  I think it’s super important to have these discussions as this prepares us for possible future challenges that we may encounter.

I have been keeping a note book in which I add resources from any of my classes in which I think will be super valuable in my future. This week I added https://bcedaccess.com/.

Shared by: