I used to work in a deli, where we sold a bunch of different types of soups. My favourite was this spicy thai soup that was insanely good, that’s what inspired me to make my first recipe, a thai coconut chicken recipe. Let me tell you, it turned out nothing like the soup from the deli. It was a totally different flavour then what I expected. I took a recipe off of  here: https://www.perdue.com/recipes/easy-thai-coconut-chicken-soup/2352/. It was decently good, but I definitely added way too many noodles that it turned out like a pad thai consistency. The picture I took above was the first bowl, which I added most of the broth into so it was a more soup consistency. I also took out the brown sugar, which I feel like I shouldn’t have. I give the dish an over all 8/10, the left overs lasted me 2 days. As for the affordable aspect, luckily I visited my parents the night before making this dish. My parents gave me a few of the ingredients including the ginger, coconut milk, garlic, and noodles. The other ingredients all together costed about $12. I used all the ingredients all up, except the red curry paste. $12 for a nutritious dinner for three nights isn’t too bad. I will try to use up my red curry paste for another recipe as it only keeps good for about two weeks and I don’t want to waste it!

Shared by: