To be completely honest, what we covered in this week’s class was essential information however, it was a little complicated and to say the least, very overwhelming. I had never heard of open education resources or creative common licenses until this lesson, both are very new to me and I am still learning about them. Open education resources or OER, especially caught my interest.

From my understanding, OER is great for both educators and students. It’s various platforms where people can go for resources that they are able to freely use and distribute. Basically, these platforms are meant to be shared, whereas copyrighted resources are not. There are many different types of OER platforms, whether it’s looking for an image to add to a slide show or just learning information for a certain topic. 

Learning about some of the rules that come along with the internet and education was a good topic to start off for this course. I think this is a topic in which I will continue to learn about during my career.

Shared by: