I have been keeping up with my inquiry, but have been falling behind on my posts! This first one I made was kind of a chicken chow mein? I made this recipe myself as I had a ton of vegetables I wanted to use up, but I wasn’t quite sure what to call it, so Ill call it chow mein. I first took a chicken thigh that I had, and fried it in some oil. Next, I had a ton of broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, onion and carrots. Setting the chicken aside, I cut and diced the veggies up and started frying the onions and garlic. I eventually added the broccoli, mushrooms, and carrots. I mixed in the ginger into my sauce, which I made out of soya sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce (which I borrowed from my parents ‘ house) and sriracha (which my roommate let me use!). While the veggies were cooking, I threw my chow mein noodles (which I had left over from the last recipe) to boil. Once the veggies were cooked down, I added in the sauce and eventually stirred in the noodles. This dish was great, however because I had so many vegetables they absorbed the sauce. I think I am getting a better idea of sauce to food ration as it has improved since my first recipe. I didn’t have to go out and buy anything for this recipe either which was awesome, and I would definitely make it again!

Shared by: